HAPPY NEW YEAR ::INSERT FIREWORKS::
I can't believe it's 2017 already. I mean, I'm glad, because 2016 was bizarre. But still...
Figured I would start the welcome back of my blog by listing some of my goals here (so you know, now I have to actually do them).
Blog (way, way) More.
That was easy. Last year I wrote maybe 2 posts compared to the 290 posts I wrote in 2011. So I would say, anything between 2 and 270 this year will be a super duper win for me. Including:
- Books I like, and books that are sort of not great
- My top picks for NYC restaurants and wherever else I've been
- In depth reviews on hotels I've been to and other such travel related oddities
- Like, whatever else.
OMG I literally used to read around 100 books per year. I'm not kidding! Sure I didn't have a full time job when I was doing that but I can try to get to maybe 40 or 50 books this year. More of the following:
- Fantasy (Epic, High, Low, Magical Realism)
- Sci-Fi (Cyberpunk, Soft Sci-Fi, Steampunk)
- Ok never mind there are too many genres to list
I take around 4 vacations per year and it's usually to the same places: LA, Orlando, Miami (more on these later) I also tend to do all my travel at the tail end of the year. This year I would love to do some sort of travel throughout. Including but not limited to:
- Weekend Warrior trips (Lake houses, ski resorts, Bed and Breakfasts Upstate NY etc.)
- International trips (UAE, Caribbean, Europe)
- Repeat Visits / Unfinished business visits (ie. New Orleans omg omg omg I need to go back)
Thanks and welcome back to my blog!